Friday, May 2, 2008

Cheyenne

Origionally Written 4-21-08

My hubby and I went to Cheyenne today and I really enjoyed the scenery. I saw a bunch of Cows with their baby calf's just roaming in the field. It was beautiful to see them enjoying the sun and just being cows. It was warm today, I say that in a Wyoming since, because it was about 62 F. Normally in Cali, I would have been bundled up in a jacket and sweater at that type of weather. But I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and it was very nice to be outside and enjoying the sunshine. Today would be the perfect day to go to the tide pools if I were home in Cali, but no we spent the day in Cheyenne. It was nice to go to a "big" city...... hehe my friends in Cali will laugh at that one, Cheyenne is no comparison to San Diego....... One other thing that I saw that amused me were trees. They looked to me like Douglas Furs (Christmas Trees) they would be on the side of the "freeway" between 2-4 rows thick and about (I don't know) 40 trees long. They would be every 2-10 miles apart or so. There were little ones and big ones. I don't know why they are planted there but it was pretty neat to see that. OH, and we found a Wendy's YEAH!! We drove all over Cheyenne and found a Wendy's, it was in a gas station but who cares right? and I enjoyed every bite of my baconator and my frosty!! Yeah for Wendy's!! (Yeah we don't eat a lot of fast food anymore..... there isn't much to choose from in Torrington)

1 comments:

the Forrest Diaries said...

It's different but great to be away from Cali isn't it. Well I miss you and hope you have a great birthday!